“Self confidence is the first requisite to great undertakings.”
~ Samuel Johnson
- Self-confidence refers to assuredness in your own worth, abilities and power, regardless of the situation you are in. Someone who is self-confident has a strong sense of belief and certainty in Themselves. They exude calmness, composure and are self-aware.
- Self-confidence is often linked with possessing of certain knowledge, skill sets or abilities, whether it is acquired or innate. While having aptitude in a particular area can help bolster your self-worth, it is not a necessary prerequisite for self-confidence. Someone with absolutely no competency in something can still be self-confident
Benefits of having a healthy self-confidence:
- If you have a healthy and solid self-confidence, it is much easier to deal with someone rejecting you, and as a result, you’re not afraid or anxious of putting yourself in situations where you might be rejected, you are much more willing to take a risk.
- In the event you are rejected, you realize how easily you can, indeed, handle it, and emerge stronger than ever with such proof of how strong and capable you are. Your world is not shattered and your day or week destroyed.
- In this way, a healthy self-confidence naturally makes you stronger and stronger over time.
- Taking this into consideration, not only is it worth your time and effort to become a more self-confident person, but it’s also worth your time to develop a healthy degree of self-confidence that will always benefit you in life, and make your life easier and more rewarding in every way.
Here are 5 typical behaviors of people with low self-confidence:
- Undervaluing what they are capable of
- Taking blame even when it is not their fault
- Shame themselves – feel about about who they are
- Being hung up over negative outcomes and ‘failures’ in the past
- Having a fearful and adverse attitude toward most things
How To Increase Self-Confidence:
There are a series of different ways you can use to increase self-confidence.
- One must understand their personal value system.
- Identify cognitive distortions and where they come from
- Answer the question: Who or what defines your reality?
Build Your Way To A Better Confidence In Your Blog
- Ask yourself: What is Success and how is that measured and by whom?
- Make a choice to live a life of personal excellence moving forward irregrdless of the past
- Work through the 6 Logical levels and make an action plan!
The Current Market Place:
- There is a wealth of material on the market today that talks about ways to increase self-confidence. The issue is that many of these ideas are warm thoughts and can cause people to have a short emotional experience without a long lasting impact that truly sustains a healthy self-confidence.
- When someone says do ‘XYZ’ and you will increase your self-confidence and have the life you have always wanted or someone suggests all you have to do are these 10 things and you will have what you long for it is more often than not a disappointment. Why? Because as stated earlier, it is an emotional experience full of sizzle and no substance.
How To Truly Gain Healthy Self-Confidence:
- In Order to truly gain a healthy self- confidence that is sustained it requires deep introspection.
- As a result of someone giving themselves permission to be honest with themselves and accept the results that they will encounter, then and only then can they begin to make the changes in their life that are needed. Giving someone a “prescription” of how to gain self-confidence will not sustain in the long-term. People need to be empowered to make the choices that they need to make to acquire the desired results.
- In order to do this we are firm believers that they have to be asked the right questions and then, and only then will that put them on the right road to increasing their self-confidence.
- Remember, you can live your way into right thinking but you can’t think your way into right living.
- Building a healthy self-confidence requires action on the part of the individual and someone to stimulate their thinking by asking them the rights questions.
Build Your Way Into A Better Confidence In You Course:
- This course is designed to be interactive so that individuals can identify what is important to themselves, what activating event is preventing them for reaching their potential, then coming up with a plan that will work to overcome and build ones confidence.
- This is achieved in 5 modules over one full day and at the end of this course the students will be able to have a plan that can enrich their confidence in all that they do.
For more information or to register at our next workshop please contact us at:
- e-mail address ~ firstname.lastname@example.org